How to tell if there is a serious problem with your Vibration Damper
- Crankshaft cracking and/or failure
- Bulged or raised cover on the damper
- Excessive gear wear
- Sealant leaking from the damper
- Heat build-up due to other components rubbing on damper
- Fluid leakage from damper around the cover seams or filler plugs
- Failure or excessive wear bearings or other rotating components
- Failure or excessive wear of crank
- Sudden loose belts, thrown or slapping belts
- Broken accessory belts
- Strange metallic sounds coming from the damper
- Dents or damage on the casing of the damper.
Vibratech Torsional Vibration Damper Care
Handle and install your Vibratec Heavy-Duty Diesel Damper with care: the Vibratec is a factory-sealed unit that does not require maintenance. In heavy-duty diesel engine applications, Vibratech TVD recommends viscous damper replacement every 500,000 miles—or 15,000 hours. These heavy-duty dampers are practically mandatory when conducting an in-frame or major overhaul. If the current vibration damper has any housing damage, it is recommended that you immediately replace the damper with a Vibratec. Vibration damper replacement intervals are clearly stated in your engine's maintenance schedule, and if the heavy-duty damper is not replaced at the correct interval a worn viscous damper will lead to catastrophic engine failure. Remember: replacing your damper does not fix undue wear—or neglect of proper maintenance—on your engine components.
Vibratech TVD does not recommend re-using viscous dampers. These viscous dampers are computer-balanced and hermetically sealed at the time of manufacturing, so any tampering to the housing to recondition the damper may reduce its effectiveness and cause engine damage. Vibratech dampers are steel-constructed and may be properly disposed of at a recycling center.
VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE TO PURCHASE A VIBRATEC HEAVY-DUTY DIESEL DAMPER
BUY FLUIDAMPR PRODUCTS ONLINE
CALL US TODAY TO PURCHASE A FLUIDAMPR HARMONIC FLUID DAMPER
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT FLUIDAMPR
Brought to you by KLM Performance Inc.
Fluidampr Customers | Fluidampr for Cummins | Fluidampr for Duramax | Fluidampr for Powerstroke | Fluidampr FAQs